Sunday, September 1, 2013

EPIC Art

Hi everyone!

Hope you have all been well in the in between of posts. Life on my end is good. Full, but full of good good things.

I have officially logged two weeks of work with EPIC (Everyday Progress in Character Leadership Center). I am loving it! hough it's not necessarily easy.  I am learning everything from the overall mission and goals of EPIC, to what it looks like contextualized in Cabrillo Village and Jos, Nigeria, to what it looks like to expand into other locations as doors continue to open, to what it looks like to collaborate with other organizations in the area, to learning the art projects we will do and the "why" behind them, to learning how to operate a MAC, to developing a fundraising letter and strategy, to meeting with experts in the field to learn from them, to meeting and getting to know the board, to preparing for my first trip to AFRICA.... do you see why I say it is full, but good, and not necessarily all easy, but definitely enjoyable?

I think one of my favorite things we did this week was to create artwork. On Friday, three of us took an art class from our art coordinator to learn how to do the projects we will be teaching and doing with Nigerian teachers in a couple weeks in Jos. Here are a couple pics.




 It was so fun to create, to express myself in this way. And my team is so encouraging, so sweet and complimentary--It was  a really stress relieving, uplifting day.

Another highlight from the week would be Thursday evening, when I met with the team going to Nigeria. I love our team. EAch of us uniquely different, yet each called specifically by God to go. As we spent time in prayer Thursday evening we were filled with hope and could sense God's hope and purpose for this trip--exciting.

I am getting ready to format a mailing list, both electronic and physical mail for people who want to recieve our Si Se Puede Times (a newspaper the Cabrillo kids help to write and design about what's going on) and newsletters, etc. If you would like to be on this, email me at anzirbel@gmail.com and let me know your contact info!

Love you all. Happy Labor Day. May this holiday find you basking in rest and health.

With love
AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment